Monday, October 11, 2010

week - for practicing 11-17 oct 2010

ionian, dorian, mixolydian - daily (in C , G, Bb, Eb)
circle of fifths X7 - daily
IIm - V - I - daily

low comping 3 lessons
read two tunes and learn them
write the it never entered my mind solo
solo for sweet home alabama
solo for ac dc, highway to hell
jimmy hendrix - little wing


technique - more accurate alternate picking
watch how to play fast and apply
watch fretboard mastery and apply

------------------------------------
grateful dead
low rider
tequila
blues traveler
fire on mountain - grateful dead
dead - god and grove
-------------------------------
monday - C,G,Bb ionian, dorian, mixolydian
circle of fifths X7 - almost getting it in time
technique - still weak upstroke but definitely getting better
-------------------------------
tuesday - C,G,Bb ionian, dorian, mixolydian
circle of fifths X7 - not that much
a little picking - was not that comfortable ,
watched a chapter on how to play faster
discovered that making trills with your pinky helps strengthtening
your left hand
Bb is just like C just 2 frets down :)
------------------------------
wednesday - nothing

------------------------------
thursday - X7 in circle of fifths
ionian , dorian in C ...only C because I got caught up on technique
doing pinky exercises
experimented a little phrygian over minor chords
experimented a little Ab melodic minor over G7 chord
very weak upstroke, have to work more on this
Observed that I am significantly slower if I begin on upstroke a scale
Observed I do hold my breath when shifting to a new position.
This has to be corrected.
When doing X7 observed that for the A form I wasnt visualizing the root.
I watched a little path to fretboard and I'm thinking I should give it one month
or two.
The beautiful thing about this fretboard mastery is the introduction
when it is mentioning all aspects of music. There are a lot more than
were in my study plan. I should revise it.
THE KEY IS DISCIPLINE.




plan for 2 weeks, all keys for ionian dorian mixolydian
learn 1 song for voice, 1 for rock, 1 for jazz
do IIm - V - I for all keys
transcribe one melody
compose 1 melody
low comping
(low comping 3 lessons
read two tunes and learn them
write the it never entered my mind solo
solo for sweet home alabama
solo for ac dc, highway to hell
jimmy hendrix - little wing)



observed that there is a way to hold the pick more firmly to achieve
greater speed and to always be prepared to sound artificial harmonics

overall - a very good day :)

No comments: